The death of a loved one is one of the most traumatic events we can experience in life.
At McGennity Funeral Directors, we aim to minimise the stress of taking care of the funeral arrangements. It is a huge comfort to a family to be able to hand over the detailed business of organising their funeral and we are at your disposal from the death of your loved one, throughout the duration of the wake until the funeral has ended.
We take care of all the funeral arrangements, namely:
- Provision of your choice of coffin/casket
- The preparation and presentation of the deceased
- Newspaper obituaries, radio obituaries, church obituaries
- Liasing with Church representatives to organise the funeral service
- Provision of private funeral home
- Provision of music for funeral service
- Provision of floral tributes
- Provision of Mass booklets
- Provision of hearse and limousine for transportation
- Grave purchase and grave digging, if required
- Organisation of cremation, if required
We have a custom built funeral home on site at 18 Forkhill Road, with embalming facilities and a private viewing room for families who may wish simply to remove the remains from the funeral home or for those families who feel it suits their personal situation to use the funeral home for the entire duration of the wake.
Again, we aim to meet the needs of the individual family. Death is a uniquely personal experience to a family and we will respect your wishes throughout, with integrity and confidentiality guaranteed.